Ystalyfera Chamber of Trade
A list of members shown in the South Wales Voice, Dec 15 1928
Contributed by Anna Brueton
On page 6 - 7 is an article on Trade at Ystalyfera
Members of the Ystalyfera Chamber of Trade (Page 8)
- Morgan's Drapery Stores, Gurnos Road
- Mr. Luther Lloyd, Ironmongery & Boot & Shoe Store
- Mr. Edgar D. Morgan, Gurnos Post Office
- Mr. Tudor W. Rees, Grocer & Milliner
- Tudor's Garage
- Messrs. John Williams & Sons, Perth-y-Gwenyn
- Mr. W.I. Perkins, Oculist & Chemist
- Messrs D. Lloyd & Sons, Ironmongers & Boot Dealers
- Midland Bank, Ystalyfera
- Mr. H.J. Powell, J.P., General Outfitter
- Messrs W.P. Thomas, Ltd, Chemists
- Mr. E.W. James, Welsh & Colonial Stores, Godre'r Graig
- Mr. J.H. Jones, London House, Wern
- Mr. T.D. Phillips, The Boot Store, Commercial Street.
- Mr. J.R. Daniels, Gent's Outfitters, Commercial St.
- Mr. Joseph Davies, Grocer, &c, Manchester House
- Mr. D.E. Rees Men's Wear Specialist, Commercial Street
- Mr. T.L. Clatworthy, Jeweller, Commercial Street
- Mr. Griff. Jones. Provision Merchant, Panteg
- T. C. Arnold & Son, Ironmongers & Xmas Present Depot
- Hunt's Stores, Grocers etc.
There are photographs of all the above shops except the last 2, with an explanatory note: "We greatly regret that through an unfortunate accident, we have been unable to include the photo blocks of the premises of Messrs T.C. Arnold and Son, and Messrs Hunt's Stores - Ed. S.W.V. " ; and advertisements for all except Mr Luther Lloyd (which may appear elsewhere in the paper).