Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach
"Fforestfach is a suburban district of Swansea, Wales which developed during the Victorian era as part of the expansion of Swansea, and to service several collieries in the area. It lies within the Cockett ward, between the districts of Waunarlwydd and Cwmbwrla, and contains the areas of Cadle and Ravenhill." wikipedia
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Weig Brick and Tile Company Records "The Weig Brick and Tile Company, Swansea, Glamorgan, worked clay pits in the Cockett area of Swansea, mostly round Weig Fawr Farm, during the early 20th century. The company's works were situated to the south of Carmarthen Road, at the end of Ael-y-Bryn Road, Fforestfach
"Records of Weig Brick and Tile Company, 1919-1929, including financial records, 1922-1925; employee records, [?1925]; correspondence, 1919-1929."
Mettoy Factory, Fforest Fach, 1972 - on the People's Collection Wales site
The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Peter (Cockett), and Diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS619964.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
The records for St Peter, Cockett on Archives Network Wales has this note "St Peter (Cockett) Ecclesiastical Parish Records; - Parish formed from St Mary's in 1878. From it came Waunarlwydd, Swansea St Luke's (Cwmbwrla) and Caereithin. Includes St Illtyd's, Fforestfach (built 1897) and formerly St Deiniol's, Skomer Place, opened 1961, closed c. 1970)."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS619964 (Lat/Lon: 51.649384, -3.997512), Fforest Fach in the Parish of Llangyfelach which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)