Penllergaer in the Parish of Llangyfelach
"PENLLERGAER, formerly in Pennard, is now, under Local Government Board Provisional Confirmation Order No. 6, 1918, a hamlet in Llangyfelach. The church of Saint David, at Penllergaer, a chapel annexed to Llangyfelach, is a building of stone in the Early English style, ... : there are 150 sittings. The register dates from the year 1851. ... Penllergaer is the seat of Sir John Talbot Dillwyn-Llewelyn bart. D.L., J.P. who is the principal landowner." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
References to the town of Penllergaer at
- The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
Chapel of ease to Llangyfelach, formed into a parish in 1937
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Penllergaer, and Diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS609986.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
THE EQUATORIAL OBSERVATORY, PENLLERGAER - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Penllergaer in the Parish of Llangyfelach to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Penllergaer in the Parish of Llangyfelach has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Album containing 64 photographs of still life studies and country scenes on the estate at Penlle'r-gaer, most were taken by John Dillwyn Llewelyn. - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS609986 (Lat/Lon: 51.668906, -4.012833), Penllergaer in the Parish of Llangyfelach which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Haymaking at Penlle'r-gaer. Welsh title: Cynaeafu gwair ar stad Penlle'r-gaer. Ffotograffydd/Photographer: John Dillwyn Llewelyn (1810-1882) - on the People's Collection Wales site
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Penllergaer School "including log books, 1881-1970; admission registers, 1906-1965."
1886/7 Mothers' Meeting at Penllergaer, Gorseinon - on the People's Collection Wales site