Three Crosses in the Parish of Llanrhidian
"Three Crosses is an inland village at the north east of the peninsula. Situated at a crossroad on the road from Swansea city centre (10 km) to Penclawdd (5 km), it grew up in the early 19th century to serve small shallow collieries in the area. These collieries had disappeared by the early years of the 20th century, ..." wikipedia
"THREE CROSSES is a small village, 1¼ miles west from Dunvant station on the Gowerton and Swansea branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway. ... There are Calvinistic Methodist chapels at Llanrhidian, Llanmorlais and Crofty, and a Welsh Congregational chapel at Three Crosses, founded in 1700, with sittings for 600 persons." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
|Nonconformist Registers Held at the Public Record Office, London|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Carmel [Should say Capel y Crwys], Congregational||1795-1834||-||-||SS 55339349|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Three Crosses in the Parish of Llanrhidian to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Three Crosses in the Parish of Llanrhidian has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS573943 (Lat/Lon: 51.629365, -4.063099), Three Crosses in the Parish of Llanrhidian which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Three Crosses School Records "School log books, 1875-1963" " ...... an elementary school in the village of Three Crosses ......later known as Crwys School"