Glais in the Parish of Llansamlet
"GLAIS is a village with a station on the Swansea and Hereford branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, one mile east from Clydach, in the civil parish of Llansamlet. The church of St. Paul, a chapel of ease to Llansamlet, erected in 1881, at a cost of £900 is a building of stone, in the Early English style, ...: there are sittings for 200 persons. There are also Baptist and Congregational chapels." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
Llansamlet, St. Paul, Glais - Chapel of ease to Llansamlet
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
Transcript of name listing for Glais (Swansea Valley), from Slaters Directory for 1871.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Glais in the Parish of Llansamlet to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Glais in the Parish of Llansamlet has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SN703006 (Lat/Lon: 51.689129, -3.877731), Glais in the Parish of Llansamlet which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)