Beddau in the Parish of Llantrisant
"Beddau is a large former mining village around 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from Llantrisant and 4 miles (6.4 km) from the larger town of Pontypridd in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, South Wales. The South of the village is known as Tynant ... and near the former Cwm Colliery and coking works now derelict and is the area where the colliery workers largely lived." wikipedia
"BEDDAU is 2 miles north-east, with a hallt on the Great Western railway, ...." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Michael, is in the Benefice of Llantrisant, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST059854.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Beddau in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Beddau in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST060850 (Lat/Lon: 51.556025, -3.357264), Beddau in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Cwm Colliery, Beddau on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Bryn Celynog Comprehensive School, Beddau records ".......... comprising of school log books, 1931-1992"