Groesfaen in the Parish of Llantrisant
"Groes-faen is a village approximately three miles south of Llantrisant in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf.The village was originated as a hamlet in the 1860s near a trade route from Cowbridge to Cardiff." wikipedia
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Church of St. David
Groesfaen Babel Chapel, early 20th century, view from across the road - on the People's Collection Wales site
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Pentyrch, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST072808.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Road Through Groesfaen to Pontyclun nd
- Residential street in Groesfaen, near Pontyclun, with corner shop at the fore. Date unknown.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Groesfaen in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Groesfaen in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST069811 (Lat/Lon: 51.521117, -3.343254), Groesfaen in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)