Talygarn in the Parish of Llantrisant
"TALYGARN, a chapelry in Llantrisaint parish, Glamorgan, near Llantrisaint r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £47. Patron, Jesus College, Oxford." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"TALYGARN is 2 miles south-west and 1 south-west from Llantrisant station. The church of St. Ann, at Talygarn, erected in 1890, by George Thomas Clark esq. of Talygarn House, at a cost of £5000, is a building of stone, ... and stained east window are memorials to Ann Price Clark, who died in 1885: the church affords 90 sittings. The register dates from the year 1900. The living is a perpetual curacy, net yearly value £54, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
References to the hamlet of Talygarn at
- The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
The Parish of Talygarn was formed in 1924 from Llantrisant
The church is dedicated to St. Anne, and is in the Benefice of Pontyclun with Talygarn. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST026801.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
Conservation areas within the Vale of Glamorgan. See Talygarn - "Conservation areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance"
The transcription of the section for Talygarn from The National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Talygarn in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Talygarn in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Clark family of Tal-y-Garn
18th-19th cent: family and estate papers for Glamorgan and Northamptonshire
[National Library of Wales, Department of Manuscripts and Records]
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST025801 (Lat/Lon: 51.511385, -3.406374), Talygarn in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)