Thomastown in the Parish of Llantrisant
"THOMAS TOWN, a new district in the civil parish of Llantrisant, is about 3 miles from Llantrisant. It was formed in connection with the colliery development in the Ely Valley on the Ynys-y-Plwm estate. The colliery is known as the Coedely colliery, and is being worked by the Welsh Navigation steam Company Limited. Here is a mission church." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Thomastown Cemetery
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Thomastown in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Thomastown in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST006877 (Lat/Lon: 51.579367, -3.435894), Thomastown in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)