Williamstown in the Parish of Llantrisant
"Williamstown is now part of Rhondda Cynon Taff district..." [Vision of Britain]
"From the Pen-y-graig section of the directory - Williamstown is a conventional district, St. Illtyd's church, erected in 1890, has 310 sittings. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £66, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage,..." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of St. Illtyd, Penrhiwfer, Williamstown
The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, is in the Benefice of Dinas and Penygraig with Williamstown, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS003905.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Nazareth, Calvinistic Methodist||-||1954||-||ST 00019103|
Historic Landscape Characterisation: The Rhondda - on the CADW site.
Fully explore the site - there are separate detailed sections for places in the area
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Williamstown in the Parish of Llantrisant to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Williamstown in the Parish of Llantrisant has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST003909 (Lat/Lon: 51.608077, -3.441132), Williamstown in the Parish of Llantrisant which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Plaque presented to Mr. Ben Thomas, Williamstown Male Voice Party, in 1916 - on the People's Collection Wales site