Hopkinstown in the Parish of Llanwonno
"Hopkinstown, 2 miles from Pontypridd, Glamorgan; P.O." [From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887 on Vision of Britain]
"HOPKINSTOWN, 2 miles distant, is a village, and has a post and money order office, and also Calvinistio Methodist, Wesleyan and Baptist chapels." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Church of St. David
Llanddewi Rhondda was formed in 1914 from the Parish of Llanwonno, and the church erected in 1851
The church is dedicated to St. David, is in the Benefice of Pwllgwaun with Llanddewi Rhondda, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST057907.
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
Transcript of name listing for Pontypridd, and district, from Commercial and Trade Directories, for the years:-
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hopkinstown in the Parish of Llanwonno to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hopkinstown in the Parish of Llanwonno has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST062905 (Lat/Lon: 51.605496, -3.355851), Hopkinstown in the Parish of Llanwonno which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)