In 1868, the parish of Llanwonno contained the following places:
"LLANWONNO, a parish in the hundred of Makin, county Glamorgan, 4 miles N.W. of Newbridge, 3 from Llantrisant, and 8 S.W. of Merthyr-Tydfil. Pont-y-Pridd is its post town. It is situated on the river Taff, and includes the townships of Glynconnon and Havoddryenog. The place is hilly, and there are several coal pits. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Llandaff, value with the curacy of St. David's, Rhondda Valley, annexed, £256, in the gift of the Vicar of Llantrisant. The church is dedicated to St. Wonno. There are charities amounting to about £5 per-annum. This is a meet for the Glôg harriers."
"GLYN-COUNON, a hamlet in the parish of Llanwonno, county Glamorgan, 6 miles S.W. of Merthyr-Tydvil. The Cardiff canal here crosses the river Taff by means of an aqueduct called Pont Cynon."
"HAVODDRYENOG, a hamlet in the parish of Llanwonno, county Glamorgan, 5 miles W. of Llantrissant. It is a station on the Rhondda branch of the Taff Vale railway. The hamlet is situated between the rivers Rhondda and Taf, near the Pont-y-Prydd bridge. The inhabitants are principally engaged in the collieries and mines."
"MOUNTAIN ASH, a station on the Aberdare branch of the Taff Vale railway in the parish of Llanwonno, county Glamorgan."
"NEWBRIDGE, a village in the parishes of Llantwit Major and Llanwonno, county Glamorgan, 5 miles N. of Llantrisaint. It is situated on the river Taff, and near the Taff Vale railway."