Trehafod in the Parish of Llanwonno
"HAVODDRYENOG, a hamlet in Llanwonno parish, Glamorgan; on the Rhondda branch of the Taff Valley railway, near Newbridge Junction, and between the rivers Taff and Rhondda, 5 miles N of Llantrissant. It contains the village of Havoddryenog, and part of Newbridge; and it has a railway station of the name of Havod. ..." [From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) on Vision of Britain]
"TREHAFOD, 2 miles north-west, partly in the parish of Pontypridd and partly in that of Rhondda, is a village, with Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels. Trehafod school, under the control of the Rhondda Education Committee; built in 1878 for 293 boys, 290 girls & 358 infants; William Thomas Griffiths, master; Mrs. M. Howells, mistress; Miss Elizabeth Ann Meredith, infants' mistress" [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Siloam Calvinistic Methodist Church
The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas, is in the Benefice of Pwllgwaun with Llanddewi Rhondda, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST045908.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Historic Landscape Characterisation: The Rhondda - on the CADW site.
Fully explore the site - there are separate detailed sections for places in the area
Trehafod - on Wikipedia
Trehafod - on the Rhondda Cynon Taf Libraries Heritage Trail site
Various landscapes - on the People's Collection Wales site
Transcript of name listing for Pontypridd, and district, from Commercial and Trade Directories, for the years:-
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Trehafod in the Parish of Llanwonno to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Trehafod in the Parish of Llanwonno has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST045919 (Lat/Lon: 51.617794, -3.380773), Trehafod in the Parish of Llanwonno which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Going Home' (Trehafod) by George Chapman 1960s, etching
- Trehafod miners picking coal during the Cambrian Combine strike, 1910-11
- Pit bottom, Lewis Merthyr Colliery, Trehafod, about 1900
- Image of Lewis Merthyr Colliery, Trehafod taken from Llwyncelyn in 1960.
- Coal train from Lewis Merthyr Colliery in Trehafod