Ynysyboeth in the Parish of Llanwonno
"TYNTETOWN and YNYSBOETH is an ecclesiastical parish, in the urban district of Mountain Ash formed from the civil parish of Llanwonno, on the road from Pontypridd to Mountain Ash: it is 4½ north-by-east from Pontypridd, and has a halt, called Matthewstown on the Pontypridd and Aberdare section of the Great Western railway: it is in the rural deanery of Aberdare, archdeaconry and diocese of Llandaff. The church of All Saints is a small structure of brick containing one bell. The living is a vicarage, let yearly value £290, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to All Saints, is in the Benefice of Penrhiwceiber with Matthewstown and Ynysyboeth, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST069966.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Matthewstown (and Ynysboeth) Ecclesiastical Parish records "The church of All saints, Tyntetown in the parish of Penrhiwceiber was opened in 1903, and a separate parish of Tyntetown and Ynysboeth was created in 1923. From approximately 1968 the parish was grouped with Penrhiwceiber and its name changed to Matthewstown and Ynysboeth"
"......... including registers of baptisms, 1903-1948; marriages, 1923-1971; banns, 1949-1976; services, 1930-1971; licences, 1903-1953; property, 1914; churchwardens records, 1901-1966"
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Hermon, Calvinistic Methodist||1947-1971||-||1945-1982||ST 07039634|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ynysyboeth in the Parish of Llanwonno to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ynysyboeth in the Parish of Llanwonno has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST071964 (Lat/Lon: 51.65868, -3.344427), Ynysyboeth in the Parish of Llanwonno which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)