The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"MARCROSS, a parish in the hundred of Ogmore, county Glamorgan, 6 miles S. of Bridgend, its post town. It is situated on the Bristol Channel, near Nash Point, and has the ruins of an ancient castle, also a monastic grange with a cromlech, called the "old church." There is a mineral spring in the neighbourhood. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Llandaff, value £196, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The tithes were commuted in 1840."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018