Troed-y-rhiw in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil
"TROEDYRHIW is situated in the ecclesiastical parish of Pentrebach, 3 miles south-east from Merthyr, with a station on the Great Westeway, in the county borough of Merthyr Tydfil and hundred of Caerphilly. " [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is in the Benefice of Troedyrhiw with Merthyr Vale, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SO068021.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
|Non Conformist Registers held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Carmel, Baptist||1944-1961||-||-||SO 07160231|
|English, Wesleyan||1856-1931||-||-||SO 0711023|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Troed-y-rhiw in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Troed-y-rhiw in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
A Troed-y-rhiw, Merthyr, scene about 1910 - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO072024 (Lat/Lon: 51.712628, -3.344579), Troed-y-rhiw in the Parish of Merthyr Tydfil which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Castle Pit, Troedyrhiw on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Plan of Troedyrhiw Farm showing field names and coal veins in 1789 - on the People's Collection Wales site (use search box)