Borough of NEATH - Provosts, portreeves, mayors et al
Contributed by Dai Bevan (Dec 2008)
The History of Neath Abbey, (W. Birch) 1902
The History of the Vale of Neath, (D. R. Phillips) 1925
The Municipal Centenary Handbook 1835-1935 (notes by G. A. Taylor) - and corporation records.
- List of Provosts and Portreeves (C 1100-1835)
- List of Mayors 1835-1972
- Recipients of the Freedom of the Borough.
- Henry Pendrill Charles. 1900
- Sir Samuel Thomas Evans K.C.M.P. (Solicitor General). 1908.
- The Rt. Hon. David Lloyd George (Prime Minister). 1918.
- Evan Evans-Bevan. 1923.
- Hopkin Morgan. 1923.
- Ernest James Rollings. 1932.
- The Rt. Hon. Hugh Dalton (Chancellor of the Exchequer). 1946.
- David Martyn Evans Bevan. 1949.
- Alfred Edwin Ivor Curtiss. 1954.
- Neath Rugby Football club. 1971.
- John Emlyn Emannuel 1979
- Walter Redvers Hopes 1984
- Ivor K. Thorne 1986
Additional data below (from Charles Henrywood)
- Griffiths, George (1989) Council Chief Executive
- Penny, Stuart (1996) Council Chief Executive
- 18th April 1993, the Royal Regiment of Wales was awarded the Freedom.