In 1868, the parish of Pendoylan contained the following places:
"PENDOYLAN, a parish in the hundred of Cowbridge, county Glamorgan, 8 miles W. of Cardiff, its post town. It is situated on the river Ely, and contains the village of Rhydodridge. There are mineral springs in the neighbourhood, and limestone is abundant. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Llandaff, value £112, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Cadog. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum."
"RHYDODRIDGE, a village in the parish of Pendoylan, hundred of Cowbridge, county Glamorgan, 7 miles W. of Cardiff. It is situated near the river Ely."