"PETERSTONE, or, LLAN BEDR AR FYNYDD, in the Cwmwd of Tir yr Hwndrwd, Cantref of Cron Nedd (now called the Hundred of Newcastle), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales; in the Parish of Coed Du Church [Coychurch]: a Chapel, not in charge, always holden with the Rectory of Coed Du Church, and of the certified value of £14: Patron, Thomas Wyndham, Esq.: Chapel dedicated to St. Peter. The Resident Population of this Hamlet, in 1801, and the Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, are included in the Returns made from Coed Du Church."
From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.
"PETERSTON super MONTEM, a chapelry in the parish of COYCHURCH, hundred of NEWCASTLE, county of GLAMORGAN, SOUTH WALES, 8 miles (N. E. by E.) from Bridgend, containing 134 inhabitants. It is in Welsh called Llanbedr ar Vynydd, " the church of St. Peter on the mountain," and is situated on the confines of the hundreds of Ogmore and Cowbridge, at some distance from the mother church. It occupies the southern declivity of the monntain of Mynydd y Rhiw, and the inhabitants are exclusively engaged in agriculture. The river Ely partly bounds it on the north. The chapel is dedicated to St. Peter : attached to it is a Welsh Sunday school. A sum of £15 has been left to the poor of this chapelry ; besides which, twenty-five shillings per annum are distributed among those not receiving parochial relief. The average annual expenditure for the support of the poor amounts to £ 66. 14." ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1833)