In 1868, the parish of Port Eynon contained the following places:
"PORT-EYNON, (or Porth-enion), a parish in the hundred of Swansea, county Glamorgan, 13 miles S.W. of Swansea, its post town, and 13 from Penrhys. It is situated on Porth-Eynion Bay, near Porth-Eynion Point, and contains the village of Overton. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in the oyster fishery and in the lime works. It was once infested by smugglers. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £121. The church is dedicated to St. Cadocus. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum.
"OVERTON, a hamlet in the parish of Port Eynon, county Glamorgan, 12 miles W. by S. of Swansea."