The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"RADYR, (or Rhayader), a parish in the hundred of Miskin, county Glamorgan, 4 miles N.W. of Cardiff, its post town, and 2 from Llandaff. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Merthyr Tydfil canal, and near the river Taff. Limestone abounds, and is extensively quarried. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; value £115. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Radyr Court, formerly the seat of the Matthews family, is now a farmhouse.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018