The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. HILARY, a parish in the hundred of Cowbridge, county Glamorgan, 2 miles S.E. of Cowbridge, its post town, and 7 from Llantrissant. In the village, which is a small agricultural place, are the remains of Beaupré, or Bewper, Castle, the old seat of the Sitsyllts. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff, value £44, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. There are two residences in the village occupied by the Traherne family.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018