The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"SULLY, a parish in the hundred of Dinas Powis, county Glamorgan, 5 miles S.W. of Cardiff, its post town, and 12 from Cowbridge. The village, which is a sub-port to Cardiff, is situated at the ferry on the Bristol Channel, near Sully Island. Sully was given by Fitzhammon to Sir Robert de Sully, who had a castle here. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Llandaff, value £250. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018