For full and up-to-date details of their holdings see the sites of Glamorgan Record Office and/or West Glamorgan Archives
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
Dedication transferred in 1880 from old church in High street (now St. Matthew) to newly built church at Hafod. Diocesan records suggest that circa 1790 the registers went back to 1760
This Swansea church is dedicated to St. John (Hafod), is in the Benefice of Swansea St. Mark and St. John, and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church, which is in Odo St, Hafod, can be located at grid reference SS657946 (See also Coflein)
|Anglican Parish Registers Held at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff
||1785, 1787-1789, 1791-1798, 1800, 1802-1803, 1805-1873
At the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- St John-juxta-Swansea Ecclesiastical Parish Records "Ancient parish; has at various times been joint with Llansamlet, Llangyfelach and Swansea St Mary's. The church was originally sited on High Street, near the railway station (in fact, outside the parish), but was rebuilt on a new site in the Hafod in 1879. The old church was rebuilt as St Matthew's. Manselton was formed out of the northern half of the parish c. 1919. St John's is currently joint with St Mark's."
"Registers (including service and banns registers) 1797-1987; papers relating to church property and buildings 1832-1994; Vestry minutes 1823-1920; Easter Vestry and PCC minutes 1890-1995; Churchwardens' and other accounts 1875-1990; church organizations 1936-1955; parish magazines 1900-1990; church history 1980; miscellaneous 1885-1999"
The following Religious Institutions are covered in the Mormon International Genealogical Index (IGI) :-
- Swansea, St. John - Christenings (BT's), 1813-1873