Waunarlwydd in the town of Swansea
"WAUNARLWYDD is a village 5 miles north-west and I mile from Gowerton Junction station on the London, Midland and Scottish and Great Western railways. St. Barnabas, erected in 1888, at a cost of £1,200, and enlarged in 1903 at a cost of £600, is a building of stone in the Early English style, ... there are 360 sittings. The registers date from the year 1888. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Gowerton, joint net yearly value £350, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's and the Board of Patronage. ... The Welsh Congregational chapel, erected in 1860, has 500 sittings; the English Baptist chapel, erected in 1875, and since renovated, has 250 sittings; and the Welsh Baptist chapel, built in 1859, and rebuilt in 1872, will seat 650 " [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas, is in the Benefice of Waunarlwydd, and diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Waunarlwydd in the town of Swansea to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Waunarlwydd in the town of Swansea has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS605953 (Lat/Lon: 51.639154, -4.017296), Waunarlwydd in the town of Swansea which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)