Cefn Cribwr in the Parish of Tythegston
"CEFN CRIBBWR is a village in Higher Tythegston. Here is a Baptist chapel, erected in 1868, seating 400 persons; an English Baptist chapel, erected in 1905, seating 200, and a Congregational chapel, erected in 1827, with 300 sittings." From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks
References to Cefn Cribwr at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Nebo Welsh Baptist Church
The church is dedicated to St. Colman, is in the Benefice of Kenfig Hill, and is in the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS862827.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
|Non Conformist Registers Held at The Public Record Office, London|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Siloam, Congregational||1807-1837||-||-||SS 85488288|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cefn Cribwr in the Parish of Tythegston to another place.
Letters from Snow Shoe, Pennsylvania to family left behind in Cefn Cribwr, period 1888-1925. Apart from family matters, these do mention friends, neighbours etc.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cefn Cribwr in the Parish of Tythegston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS854827 (Lat/Lon: 51.53154, -3.653531), Cefn Cribwr in the Parish of Tythegston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Cefn Cribwr Miners' Institute, about 1920
- Aerial photograph showing Margam Open Cast Mine, Cefn Cribwr Taken on 30 July 2007.