The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"TYTHEGSTON, a parish in the hundred of Newcastle, county Glamorgan, 4 miles S.W. of Bridgend, its post town. It is situated on the Bristol Channel, and contains the hamlets of Upper and Lower Tythegston. The subsoil is productive of coal and ironstone. In the vicinity is a cromlech. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Llandaff; in the division of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Tudwg."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018