Rhiwbina in the Parish of Whitchurch
"Rhiwbina is a suburb and community in the north of Cardiff, the capital of Wales. Formerly a small hamlet within the parish of Whitchurch, Rhiwbina was developed throughout the twentieth century, and is now a separate ward. It retains aspects of its former character, however, and is given a Welsh village appearance by Beulah United Reformed Church (originally Capel Beulah) at the village crossroads." wikipedia
The Glamorgan Family History Society have produced a set of microfiche containing Monumental Inscriptions for the following burial grounds :-
- Beulah Congregational Church
The church is dedicated to All Saints, is in the Benefice of Whitchurch, and diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST161814.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Various landscapes
- Rhiwbina Village collection
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rhiwbina in the Parish of Whitchurch to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rhiwbina in the Parish of Whitchurch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST161811 (Lat/Lon: 51.522561, -3.210687), Rhiwbina in the Parish of Whitchurch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Rhiwbina Garden Village, Rhiwbina Glamorgan, is perhaps the best example of a Garden Village scheme in Wales. The company, which was formed in 1912, was originally called the Cardiff Worker's Co-operative Garden Village Society Ltd, but this name was changed soon afterwards to the Rhiwbina Garden Village Ltd. This public utility housing society was established under the auspices of the Welsh Town Planning and Housing Trust Ltd. The main objective of which was the provision of modern houses located in pleasant and healthy surroundings in the Rhiwbina area. To this end, the society bought 110 acres of land from the Pentwyn Estate, at £200 per acre, and by Christmas 1913, 34 houses had been built. ..................................."