The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WHITCHURCH, a parish in the hundred of Caerphilly, county Glamorgan, 3 miles N.W. of Cardiff. The village is situated in the Vale of the Taff, near the Merthyr canal and Taff Vale railway. Many of the inhabitants are employed in the tin-plate works of Melin Grufydd. The principal residences are Velindre and Greenmeadow. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Llandaff; value £100, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018