Blaenclydach in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg
"Clydach Vale, with adjoining Blaenclydach is a village adjoining Tonypandy in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, within the Rhondda Valley, Wales. It is named for its situation on the Nant Clydach, a tributary of the River Rhondda. ... Records show that in the seventeenth century the area was named Dyffryn Clydach (Clydach Vale), and was divided into two areas, Cwmclydach and Blaenclydach. Those two localities are today very much integrated ..." wikipedia
See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph of Blaenclydach Libanus, Calvinistic Methodists Church (now youth club)
|Nonconformist Registers Deposited at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Libanus, Calvinistic Methodist||1891-1894, 1899, 1913, 1915, 1939||-||1939-1940||SS 98179305|
Photo of Blaenclydach/ Clydach Vale from Mynydd William Meurig - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Blaenclydach in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Blaenclydach in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Blaenclydach Flood, Wern Street, 1910 - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS982930 (Lat/Lon: 51.626576, -3.472058), Blaenclydach in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
'Blaenclydach Special Constabulary "G" Div. (Glam.) August 1945 - on the People's Collection Wales site
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- Blaenclydach Handicraft school records "....... log book, 1908-1947"
"A school was erected in Blaenclydach in 1905, originally to serve as a public elementary school for 327 girls, 311 boys and 397 infants. It later served as an infants and intermediate school, before finally becoming Blaenclydach Secondary school"
- Blaenclydach Senior/Secondary School records "......... admission registers, 1906-1978; log books, 1932-1968"