Blaencwm in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg
"Blaencwm is a village in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales, lying at the head the Rhondda Fawr valley. Two collieries were opened here during the Industrial Revolution, the Dunraven Colliery in 1865 and the Glenrhondda Colliery in 1911. Both had closed by 1966 ...." wikipedia
Transcript of complete name listing for Treherbert and Ystrad-Rhondda, with the parish and hamlets of Ystradyfodwg, Blaen-y-cwm, Blaen-y-Rhondda, Cwmdare, Cwmpark, Llwynpia, Pen-y-griag, Penyrenglyn, Pentre, Ton-pentre-ystrad, Ton-y-pandy, Treorky, Tynewydd and Tynybedw, from Slaters Directory for 1880.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Blaencwm in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Blaencwm in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS920988 (Lat/Lon: 51.677549, -3.563384), Blaencwm in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Tydraw Colliery, Blaen y Cwm (near Treherbert) on the Welsh Coal Mines site
Blaen-cwm carnival, Rhondda Valley, 14 September 1951 - on the People's Collection Wales site