Gilfach Goch in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg
"Gilfach Coch, vil. with ry. sta. (Gilfach), 9 miles NE. of Bridgend, Glamorgan; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank." [From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887 on Vision of Britain]
"GILFACH GOCH is a village with a station on the Bridgend and Nantymeol branch of the Great Western railway, and was created a Conventional district in 1921. The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas and has 300 sittings. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value, £250, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
St Barnabus church Gilfach Goch. c 1940s - on the People's Collection Wales site
The church is dedicated to St. Barnabas, is in the Benefice of Tonyrefail with Gilfach Goch with Llandyfodwg, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS983899.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Gilfach Goch in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Gilfach Goch in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
The photo shows High Street Gilfach Goch in heavy snow probably around 1940s. - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS980893 (Lat/Lon: 51.593283, -3.473868), Gilfach Goch in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)