Pontygwaith in the Parishes of Llanwonno and Ystradyfodwg
Included in the directory entry for Tylorstown - "The church of St. Mary Magdalen, PONTYGWAITH, was erected in 1896 at the cost of Mrs. Llewellyn, of Baglan Hall. The Rev. Reginald Edward King L.Div. of St. David's College, Lampeter, is curate in charge." [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, is in the Benefice of Tylorstown with Ynyshir, and the diocese of Llandaff. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference ST009941.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pontygwaith in the Parishes of Llanwonno and Ystradyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pontygwaith in the Parishes of Llanwonno and Ystradyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST009945 (Lat/Lon: 51.640541, -3.43349), Pontygwaith in the Parishes of Llanwonno and Ystradyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)