Tynewydd in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg
Included in the directory entry for Treherbert - "The church of St. Alban, TYNEWYDD, erected in 1891, at a cost of £1600, is a small building of stone, in the Early English style, ... : there are 330 sittings. The living is a vicarage, endowed in May, 1899, net yearly income £190, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff and the Board of Patronage, ... " [Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at the Glamorgan Record Office, Cardiff|
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref|
|Ebenezer, Congregational||-||1942-1970, 1972-1981||-||SS 93179897|
Historic Landscape Characterisation: The Rhondda - on the CADW site.
Fully explore the site - there are separate detailed sections for places in the area
Transcript of complete name listing for Treherbert and Ystrad-Rhondda, with the parish and hamlets of Ystradyfodwg, Blaen-y-cwm, Blaen-y-Rhondda, Cwmdare, Cwmpark, Llwynpia, Pen-y-graig, Penyrenglyn, Pentre, Ton-pentre-ystrad, Ton-y-pandy, Treorky, Tynewydd and Tynybedw, from Slaters Directory for 1880.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tynewydd in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tynewydd in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS933988 (Lat/Lon: 51.677798, -3.54459), Tynewydd in the Parish of Ystradyfodwg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Rescue at Tynewydd - 1877 on the Welsh Coal Mines site