"MAES-Y-CWMMER is a hamlet of the parish of Bedwas, 4½ miles north, and partly included in the ecclesiastical parish of Mynyddysluyn, and has a chapel of ease of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, porch and a bell turret, containing one bell: there are 200 sittings. The Rev. J.A. Williams is curate-in-charge. Here are Baptist, Welsh Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels." [Description(s) from Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire & S Wales, 1895]
- Monumental Inscriptions (on microfiche) for the following burial grounds::
- Church of All Saints
- Zoar Methodist Church
- Tabor United Reformed Church
|Church, Maesycwmer (Baptist)|
|Mount Pleasant Chapel (Bethel), Maesycwmmer (Baptist / Wesleyan Methodist / Pentecostal ?)|
|Tabor Church, Maesycwmmer (Welsh Congregational / United Reformed)|
- Tabor Congregational Church, Maesycwmmer - transcription of a booklet commemorating its Centenary, 1829 - 1929, provided by Sandra Croushore-Rooke.
- Tabor Congregational Church, Maesycwmmer (alternative layout) transcription of a booklet commemorating its Centenary, 1829 - 1929, provided by Sandra Croushore-Rooke.
- A History of Mount Pleasant Evangelical Baptist Church, Maesycwmmer by Hywel George (2016)
- See John Ball's site Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection for a photograph/data re Tabor Congregational Chapel, Tabor Rd, Maesycwmmer
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Maesycwmmer to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Maesycwmmer has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Various items - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Maesycwmmer Viaduct c 1920
- Maesycwmmer station area, 1906
- Family Search have an interactive map called "England and Wales Jurisdictions 1851" showing parish (and other) boundaries with optional background maps such as Ordnance Survey. There is also a Search facility, do read the guidance notes to get maximum benefit from this useful resource. See here for further background information to assist in the interpretation of this data
- Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R., Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. Colchester, Essex: History Data Service, UK Data Archive [distributor], 17 May 2001. SN: 4348. Here is a gazetteer/finding aid plus a set of overview maps to accurately identify the position of parishes within the county.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST155945 (Lat/Lon: 51.642928, -3.222562), Maesycwmmer which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)