The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"CAMROSE, (or Camrhos), a parish in the hundred of Roose, in the county of Pembroke, South Wales, 3 miles to the N. of Haverfordwest, its post town. It is watered by a small stream, a branch of the river Cleddy, and contains the village of Kerton. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value £80, in the patronage of H. W. Bowen, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Ismael. The Independents have two chapels here. The chief residence is Camrose House. An annual fair is held on the 13th February.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018