The Band of the Cardigan Volunteer Corps waiting at Cilgerran station to welcome Lt. Colby of Ffynnone home from the Boer War, c.1902 - on the People's Collection Wales site
Repairing the bridge at Pont-rhyd-y-ceirt, 1920. Johnny Michael, the conductor of Cilgerran Children's choir, can be seen standing on the left with his children, Teifryn and Tegwyn - on the People's Collection Wales site
Colyer, Richard. Welsh Cattle Drovers in the Nineteenth Century - 1 National Library of Wales journal. 1972, Winter Volume XVII/4. Here is a short extract; - "...The majority of the cattle were purchased by dealers and drovers at local fairs, many of which were on a vast scale. When the Rev. Evans visited Cilgerran Fair near Cardigan in 1804, he noted that all the fields within three miles of the village were full of cattle, and that, '... the number of cattle, though this was considered a small fair, we were informed exceeded 20,000'. By the close of the 19th century, the summer and autumn fairs of Cilgerran were inundated with drovers intent upon purchasing cattle for the English market. One resident vividly remembers cattle lining the streets from the Rectory to the Station. She remembers also the inconvenience of having to vacate her room in her parent's public house in the village in order that the drovers could be accommodated for the duration of the fair...."
Craster, O. E. (Oswin Edmund) . Cilgerran Castle, Pembrokeshire . London : H.M.S.O., 1957,1960 12p.Series title Ministry of Works official guide-book
Hilling, John B. (John Bryan). Cilgerran Castle, St Dogmaels Abbey, Pentre Ifan burial chamber, Carreg Coetan Arthur burial chamber.Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments, 1992. 52p : col ill, geneal table,maps,plans ; 21cm.
Owen, H. A calendar of the public records relating to Pembrokeshire. Vol 2. The castles, towns, and lordships of Cilgerran and Narberth, Cymmrodorion record series, no. 7. London, Honourable society of Cymmrodorion (1911-1918).
Phillips, J.R. The history of Cilgerran ... : including the topography of the parish ..., London, Russell Smith (1867) xv, 264 p. : pl. p.