1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Coedcanlas contained the following places:
"COEDCANLAS, a parish in the hundred and union of Narbertha, county of Pembroke, South Wales, 6 miles from Haverfordwest, its post town, and 5 from Pembroke. The South Wales branch of the Great Western railway has stations at Haverfordwest and New Milford. The parish is situated on an estuary of the Bristol Channel, near Milford Haven. The living is a donative curacy in the archdeaconry and diocese of St. David's, value £25, in the gift of Sir John Owen. There is no church, and only about thirty houses. The remains of the ancient residence of the Perceval family is now a farmhouse."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018