HAROLDSTON ST. ISSELLS
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"HAROLDSTON ST. ISSELLS, a parish in the hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 1 mile S.E. of Haverfordwest. It is situated on the river Cleddy, and contains the old seat, now in ruins, of the Harrolds and Perrots. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £56. The church is dedicated to St. Ishmael. Near it is the hermitage and well of St. Caradoc. Fern Hill is the principal residence."
"SAUNDERSFOOT, a village and sub-port to Milford, in the parish of Haroldston St. Issells, hundred of Narberth, county Pembroke, 3 miles N.E. of Tenby. It has a good pier and harbour, with a lighthouse erected in 1832."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018