In 1868, the parish of Hays Castle contained the following places:
"HAYS CASTLE, a parish in the hundred of Dewisland, county Pembroke, 6 miles N. of Haverfordwest. It contains the hamlets of Brimstone and Ford. The inhabitants are wholly engaged in agriculture. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Brawdy, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
"BRIMSTONE, a hamlet in the parish of Hays Castle, hundred of Dewisland, in the county of Pembroke, South Wales, 6 miles to the N. of Haverfordwest."
"FORD, a village in the parish of Hays Castle, county Pembroke, 6 miles N. of Haverford West. It is situated on the river Cleddau and the old Roman way. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £70. There are traces of a Roman camp, near which a bath was discovered in 1806."