The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"JOHNSTON, a parish in the hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 3 miles S.W. of Haverfordwest, its post town. It is a station on the South Wales section of the Great Western railway, where a branch line turns off to Milford. The principal residence is Johnston Hall, the seat of Lord Kensington. The living is a rectory* with the vicarage of Steynton, in the diocese of St. David's, joint value £322, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is a small ancient structure."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018