1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Llanfihangel Penbedw contained the following places:
"LLANFIHANGEL-PENBEDW, a parish in the hundred of Cilgerran, county Pembroke; 4 miles S.E. of Cardigan, and 5 S.W. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn, its post town. It is situated at the source of the river Nevern. The land is under cultivation. The village is a small rustic place. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £89. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The principal seat is Kilrhue."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018