The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANFYRNACH, (or Llanvernach), a parish in the hundred of Kemess, county Pembroke, 9 miles S.W. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn, 11 S.E. of Newport, and 8 from Cardigan, its post town. It is situated at the foot of the hills, in the vicinity of Precelly Mountain, and is watered by the river Taff. Lead is obtained here, and there are several chalybeate springs. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The village is considerable. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £176. The church is dedicated to St. Brynach. There are tumuli and other remains in the neighbourhood.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018