The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANGWM, a parish in the hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 4 miles S.E. of Haverfordwest, its post town, and 5 N. of Pembroke. It is situated on the W. of Milford Haven. Many of the people are engaged in the oyster fishery. There are collieries in the neighbourhood. Here is a ferry to the opposite shore of the haven. The tithes were commuted in 1840. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £100. The church, dedicated to St. Hierom, is in the early English style of architecture, and contains monuments of the Roche family."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018