The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANWNDA, a parish in the hundred of Dewisland, county Pembroke, 2 miles N.W. of Fishguard, its post town, and 14 N.E. of St. David's. It is situated on the seacoast, W. of Fishguard Bay, and includes the townships of Diffrin and Goodwick. Some French convicts effected a landing here near the close of the last century. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £220, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynday. The historian Giraldus was once vicar of this parish. Here are traces of camps and some cromlechs. Fairs are held on the 29th May and 22nd November for horses, cattle, and sheep.
"DIFFRIN, a village in the parish of Llanwnda, in the county of Pembroke, 14 mile N.W. of Fishguard."
"GOODWICK, a village in the parish of Llanwnda, county Pembroke, South Wales, 3 miles N.W. of Fishguard. It is situated on the coast. A party of about 2,000 lawless Frenchmen effected a landing here in 1797, but were taken prisoners by Earl Cawdor."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018