In 1868, the parish of Llawhaden contained the following places:
"LLAWHADEN, a parish in the hundred of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 3 miles N.W. of Narberth, its post town, and 7 N.E. of Haverfordwest. It is watered by the river Cleddau or Cleddy. The village, which is considerable, is situated on rising ground. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Bletherston annexed, £152, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Aidan. It contains a monument to Bishop Houghton, bearing date 1388. Here are some remains of the old castle belonging to the bishops of St. David's, also of Bishop Beck's hospital. The former, now in ruins, consists of a noble gateway, with a bold, round arch, flanked by two towers of great strength, with open buttresses overlooking the valley of the Cleddau. There are other octagonal towers, and some trefoil lancet-headed windows. Ridgeway and Talybont are the principal residences."