In 1868, the parish of Mathry contained the following places:
"MATHRY, a parish in the hundred of Dewisland, county Pembroke, 11 miles N. of Haverfordwest, its post town. It is situated on the coast, and contains Abercastle and Castlemorris. The village, which is a rustic place, was formerly a market town, and was once ravaged by the Danes. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value £316, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to the Holy Martyrs. Mathry House is the principal residence. A fair for horses, cattle, &c., is held on 10th October."
"ABERCASTLE, a village in the parish of Mathry, hundred of Dewisland, in the county of Pembroke, South Wales, 6 miles to the N.E. of St. David's. It is situated on a creek, not far from Abercastle Shoal and Abercastle Island."
"CASTLEMORRIS, a village in the parish of Mathry, hundred of Dewisland, in the county of Pembroke, South Wales, 7 miles to the S.W. of Fishguard. It is seated near the sea-coast."