St Thomas a Becket Chapel, Milford Haven (Church in Wales)
St Thomas a Becket,
- Full history on wikipedia
- " It was constructed in 1180 and dedicated to St Thomas Becket. It commanded fine views of the Haven estuary, situated on the north bank in open space. ....it functioned not only as a Catholic place of worship, but also as a Beacon Chapel, or lighthouse to sailors......... By the 17th century the structure was in ruins, when it was occupied by Parliamentarian forces in 1644..........In the twentieth century, it had become used as a pigsty and stable. In 1930,....... the building was reconstructed, work completed in 1938. It was re-consecrated as an Anglican chapel of ease."
- Situated set back behind No 26 The Rath.
- Sold in 2012
It was located at SM9101305637 (Lat/Lon 51.710438, -5.026374). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)