1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Monington contained the following places:
"MONINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Kemess, county Pembroke, 3 miles S.W. of Cardigan, its post town, and 7 from Newport. In the village, which is of small extent, is a long avenue called Monington Walk. The parish derives its name from a distinguished family who resided here. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of St. Dogmael's, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018