In 1868, the parish of Narberth contained the following places:
"NARBERTH, (North and South) a parish, post and market town, in the hundred of Narberth, county Pembroke, South Wales, 11 miles N.E. of Pembroke. The town is situate on elevated ground, near the left bank of the East Cleddau river. It is a petty sessions and polling town, and a new borough under the Reform Bill, contributory to Haverfordwest in returning one member to the imperial parliament. The South Wales branch of the Great Western line has a station at Narberth Road, about 3 miles N. of the town. There are remains of the gateway and other parts of the old Norman castle built by the Perrotts, which came to the Mortimers, Sir Rhys ab Thomas, and now belongs to Baron de Rutzen of Slebech. The town is poorly built, but is an active and thriving place, being the centre of the stone coal, and culm mines district. The living is a rectory* with the curacies of Robeston-Wathen and Mounton annexed, in the diocese of St. David's, value £417, in the patronage of the Prince of Wales. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has been rebuilt in the present century. In 1863 a new church was consecrated at Templeton, and endowed out of the tithes of the whole living. The principal residence is The Grove, belonging to C. Poyer Callen, Esq. Templeton, in this parish, formerly belonged to the Knights Templars of Slebech. Market day is Thursday. Fairs are held on the 21st March, 13th May, 4th June, 5th July, 10th August, 26th September, 25th October, and 11th December, chiefly for cattle.
"COLD BLOW, a hamlets in the parish of Narberth, county of Pembroke, 1 mile S.E. of Narberth."
"REDSTONE, a hamlet in the parish and hundred of Narberth, county Pembroke, 2 miles from Narberth, and 12 N.E. of Pembroke, near the river Cleddau."